Friday, May 20, 2005

Trip to Hong Kong

Guang Zhou

Woo hoo, been a long long time since I have been here online, blogging.
Yup, I was in Guang Zhou, trying to see how the rural life in China is like.

Before stopping in Guang Zhou, we went to hong kong for a stop over. Wow, Hong Kong is really a advertising paradise, where there is all those neon advertisement and stuff like that.

After 2 day stop in Hong Kong, I went to Guang Zhou and well, the world there is like a mirror to me. The traffic are on the opposite side as what Singapore and Hong Kong are using. Motor cycles are all over the road, and the zebra crossing is ‘invisible’ to the motorist.

Rural
Life in Rural area, is really uncomfortable to me. OMG! The toilet is just a room, a small room, and a tank beside it, that collects all the pool! After that, the poo are used to fertilize the land UNBELIEVABLE!

Mosquitos are everywhere, and my aunties and cousins, have to spray those stuff on their body, to keep mosquitoes away. As for me, ha ha! I have it well planned. Before I go there, I ate lotta garlic, fried garlic in Hong Kong before I go. Yup! It really helps a lot! The mosquitoes never pinch me. Ha ha. I really have a deep impression of how that Jessie life is like when I went there.

Urban
Growing in Urban, I really think I should be more comfortable if I stay in Urban, like the Hong Kong. In China, Bargain tactics is a must. Lucky, I was with an expert, who bargain power is awesome. Ha ha.

Amanda
When I returned back to Hong Kong, I realized that I am living in Kowloon, where Amanda, lives in. I really forgot about this friend of mine, and she is working as a somebody in the airport. Too bad, I din drop her an email.

Ocean Park
I went to Ocean Park, and have a great fun, that I went for the second time! To be precise, the first trip to Ocean park, it is raining cats and dogs, that I have to abandon the plan to playing in the lowland area. On the second trip, I went to play every single games in the highland. And in the Lowland, I went to see the Panda, and the Whisker’s theatre. It’s really fun at first.

Tram
When I returned to the Admiralty, where I have to take the MTR back, I saw an electric tram, and wanted to try it out. I ran out of money, and have to go and get some change. As it is a Sarturday, all the money changers are closed. And I really hate that Shangri La Hotel in Hong Kong. I was out of Hong Kong Currency, and I was unable to get back, and Shangri La is the only hotel around that have the ability to change the currency. I am really disappointed that thought it is a 5 star hotel, they refuses to change the currency, despite the fact that I don’t have the money to get back to my hotel in Kowloon.

Luckily for me, the Concord Hong Kong is beside, the Shangri La, and I tried to change the currency, and telling him that I have to get the Singapore currency change, the manager gladly help me to chance for the small amount, so that I can get a transport back to Kowloon.

Shangri La Dissatisfaction

Sometime, I think, hotels, should let off a bit, so that if there is resident of Shangri La, lost in other place, and no money to change, other hotel should be able to change a small amount, so that the guest can get back to hotel. I really puzzled, why the manager of Shangri La failed to change a small amount to get me back to my hotel. I am a traveler, and he actually trying to guide me to a place, which I have to walk a damn long distance to get the money change, and they don’t have the slightest idea, what time will the money changers which they recommended, closed. By the way, I couldn’t find that building, that they directed me through the map. So much for Shangri La in Hong Kong.

Goose
YUM YUM! Goose meat is nicer than duck meat, you know? It have more fat, and juicy. And Guess what, seen a goose liver?? Really huge, I like it a lot. Though it is not served in French restaurant, I find it tasty enough. Yup

Disconnected from Singapore
Those days in Hong Kong, Macau, and Guang Zhou, Really made me lost in touch with Singapore news and everything. Hmm… when I returned home, really a lot of stuff, I have no idea about. It is like totally disconnected from the Singapore. But, having spent days in Those place, the first time I step back to Singapore, life really changed a lot. I find more comfortable with the road, and scenes, and able to guide my way around. In other country, I really lost. Ha ha. Communication with people in other country is really a hard thing to do. But the one thing we stand out, is the ability to switch fast between Chinese and English languages.

Fiona
It wasn't until I visited Fiona's website, then I realised, that Fiona also goes to Kowloon, with the street name. haih, if only I knew, I could go with Fiona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search