Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Refrigeration


Refrigeration, so called Air-conditioning, is a ver simply schematic cycle.

The refrigerant are pressed to high pressure, until they became part liquidliquid. While they are in liquid state, they went through a condenser, where the refrigerant loss heat, and became 100 percent liquid. After that, they went through a filter, where the impurities are filters off.
Although refrigeration is a totally closed cycle, but during sealing, impurities may be introduced, and it may disrupt the entire cycle. Thus, a filter is installed, so that impurities of any trace can be absorbed.
After the filter, the refrigerant goes to a small little hole, called expansion valve. This is where the refrigeration are sprayed out from the hot side, and enters another series of coils called evaporator. It is so called evaporator, because in this stage, the refrigerant expand so rapidly, it absorbs all the heat from the environment.
It is at this stage, where everyone feels cold, because heat is taken away from the body, and that is what makes us cold. Forced ventilation are usually nearby, to blow the air faster, so that the efficient can be high. After the evaporator, it goes to the compressor, where the refrigerant are compressed again, and the whole cycle is repeated.
It is a very simple process, and yet, when it comes to troubleshooting, it really makes a person scratch their head.
Problem
Last week, I was inspecting one evaporator, and I found a evaporator, with ice forming all over the coil. At first, I thought the fan is not working, and check on the fan. A lot of check have been done, only one test was not done. It is a time consuming, because a meter is required.
Solution
A closer check in the refrigerant, The result is finally out. there seems to be a leak, and the gas have somehow escaped. Ice forms when the refrigerant is too low. In this way, the gas enters the compressor slowly, and causes ice forming.
Shocking
Today I was shocked 4 times, and they are all electric shocks. I begins to wonder the test pen. Have you tried this, you put the probe of the test-pen on a live or neutral connector, and then while holding the other end, and your other hand touch any ground surface. You will feel a electric shock. Although it is a small amount of shock, your body may immediately push itself beck, as a reflex. If this doesn't work, I think there is something wrong with my test pen then.
Painting
Today, I learnt a really useful skill. It is on painting. Did you know that oil-based glossy paint, doesn't work on cracks? I learnt it the hard way, with my hands painted black today, and I can't cover a crack, even tough I have coated 3 layers. Later, someone commented that I should try Matt finished paint, to cover the crack. It really works, and I go the cracks covered and it dries faster than the oil-based paint. I was so tempted to buy one can home to paint my house. This is because there are so many cracks. But then again, the wall of my house, is air-sprayed, so I should try not to add new coat of paint. It really is expensive to apply air-sprayed paint, because the entire room have to be emptied, and then, the wall coated white. After which, two types of colour paint are gas sprayed onto the wall. After it is dried, there is a feel of the paint, which looks nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search